I just finished up a dresser makeover I’ve been working on all week. I’d been wanting to find a dresser to redo and put in the “library” room and what do you know? I had one in my son’s closet for about 6 years now! It’s a hand-me-down, and while it served it’s purpose of storing clothes, it was in the closet because it’s ugly!
That’s okay… I love a free project! (Unfortunately, my son’s clothes now resides in a clothes basket. I’ll have to work on that.)
– Behr Ultra in Satin, Powdered Snow
– Minwax Wood Finish, Expresso
– Rust-oleum Satin, Shell White
– Dual Paint + Primer Metallic, Oil Rubbed Bronzed
– Elbow grease and a little bit of patience!
Dress before. A little scratched and stained a honey/maple color.
Yucky hardware. But I have a plan…
Drawers are out and the wood that’s not being stained is primed.
I think Expresso is my new favor wood stain!! Love it!
Brought the drawers inside to dry. Too much humidity in garage and I’m not a patient girl! ;)
I used a palm sander to take of the old finish. It’s a lot of work! Made me happy I had already decided to paint most of it! But it was worth it!
I stained the top before priming the sides. Next time I think I will do it the other way around.
Old ugly hardware.
Spray painted with Rustoleum Shell White.
Ahhh, much better! :D
One inch painter’s tape cut in half, then spray painted with the oil rubbed bronze.
The finished hardware. I also used the oil rubbed bronze on the top drawer knobs.